- 1 How many HP do you need to run a hay baler?
- 2 How many horsepower is a John Deere 2040?
- 3 Who makes the best round baler?
- 4 How do you time a 14T John Deere baler?
- 5 How many bales do you get per acre?
- 6 How many horsepower does it take to run a small square baler?
- 7 What Loader fits a John Deere 2040?
- 8 How much oil does a John Deere 2040 hold?
- 9 What year is my John Deere 2040?
- 10 How many bales does a lot for a round baler?
- 11 What is the fastest round baler?
- 12 How much does a round baler cost?
How many HP do you need to run a hay baler?
Most standard square balers on the market require 35 horsepower at your tractor’s PTO, and a minimum tractor weight of around 3000 pounds. That means that they cannot be run with today’s compact tractors.
How many horsepower is a John Deere 2040?
John Deere 2040
|John Deere 2040 Power|
|PTO (claimed):||40 hp 29.8 kW|
|Drawbar (tested):||32.87 hp 24.5 kW|
|PTO (tested):||40.86 hp 30.5 kW|
|power test details|
Who makes the best round baler?
What is the best round baler for your farm?
- John Deere 459 Round Baler.
- John Deere 469 Round Baler.
- John Deere 559 Round Baler.
- John Deere 569 Round Baler.
- John Deere 569 Silage Special Baler.
- John Deere 854 Silage Baler.
- John Deere 569 Premium Round Baler.
- John Deere 469 Premium Round Baler. The next options for Deere round balers are the premium 469 and 569.
How do you time a 14T John Deere baler?
How do you time a John deere 14T baler
- The feeder teeth that pull the hay into the chamber has an adjustable pin, start by setting the pivot pin in th e bottom hole of the feeder teeth.
- Rotate the flywheel in a counter clockwise direction until the face of the plunger head is centered in the front feeder slot.
How many bales do you get per acre?
With an average bale weight of around 40 pounds (with our Abbriata small square baler or any of our mini round balers), that’s 100 bales to the acre for a first cutting. Our farm aside, we can offer some guidelines to consider when trying to predict the productivity of your hay fields.
How many horsepower does it take to run a small square baler?
40 PTO hp is good for most small square balers, 60 PTO hp is good for most small round balers. In either case, you need to be looking at utility size tractors, I wouldn’t trust the drive line of a compact tractor for much baling.
What Loader fits a John Deere 2040?
Subject: RE: Deere 2040 tractor purchase??? A 145 or 146 is all the loader that tractor needs.
How much oil does a John Deere 2040 hold?
John Deere 2040 – engine
|Engine Detail: John Deere diesel 4-cylinder liquid-cooled 239.2 ci [3.9 L]|
|Bore/Stroke:||4.19×4.33 inches [106 x 110 mm]|
|Oil capacity:||9 qts [8.5 L]|
|Coolant capacity:||19 qts [18.0 L]|
What year is my John Deere 2040?
|Make: John Deere||Model: 2040||Years Made: 1976-1982|
|Tires-Std Front: 6.00-16||Tires-Std Rear: 13.6-28||Wheelbase-Inch: 74.4|
|Pto Type: LIVE||Pto Speed: 540||CAT I-3pt Hitch: True|
|CAT II-3pt Hitch: True||CAT III-3pt Hitch: False||Hitch Lift:|
|Hydraulics-Type: OPEN/CLOSE||Hyd-Cap: 7.9||Hyd-Flow: 13.5|
How many bales does a lot for a round baler?
Most round balers can easily get 6 or 7000 bales before breaking even one belt, and most round balers can put through at least 30,000 bales before needing complete belt replacement. Chain life depends on your lube.
What is the fastest round baler?
Last year John Deere announced that one of its new 900-series round balers – the 960 – had romped through a field of straw at a rate of 127 bales/hour, setting, in the process, a new world record.
How much does a round baler cost?
For harvesting 4-foot-by-5-foot round bales, estimated new equipment costs are $25,000 for a rotary mower/conditioner, $5,500 for a 10-foot rake, $35,000 for the baler and $55,000 for an adequate-sized tractor. The total is an investment of $120,500.