- 1 How big of a skid steer do you need to run a mulcher?
- 2 Is forestry mulching profitable?
- 3 How many acres can a forestry mulcher clear in a day?
- 4 How big of a tree can a mulcher cut?
- 5 What brand of skid steer is best?
- 6 What’s the best skid steer to buy?
- 7 Is forestry mulching worth it?
- 8 How much do you charge for forestry mulching?
- 9 Can you put a forestry mulcher on a tractor?
- 10 What is the best equipment for land clearing?
- 11 How long does it take to clear an acre of trees?
- 12 Will a forestry mulcher grind stumps?
- 13 How much does a disc mulcher cost?
- 14 What is the best leaf mulcher?
- 15 How heavy is a forestry mulcher?
How big of a skid steer do you need to run a mulcher?
“The unit requires a skid steer with at least a 90-hp rating, and high-flow hydraulics with a flow rate of 37 gpm and a pressure rating of 3,500 psi,” says Carera.
Is forestry mulching profitable?
Forestry mulching attachments aren’t anything new, but purchasing one would cost $30,000. Jenkins instead chose to rent the attachment from Caterpillar and proceeded to be amazed at the market he discovered. “It’s going nutty,” he says. “It’s so profitable and so cost effective.”
How many acres can a forestry mulcher clear in a day?
The lay of the land, the complexity of the project (such as working to avoid certain objects or areas), and the thickness of the material to be cleared all factor in how many acres can be cleared daily; but on average, forestry mulching can clear 1-4 acres per day.
How big of a tree can a mulcher cut?
Mulchers with a mulching head that rotates about a vertical axis can typically handle trees up to 6-8 inches in diameter, while mulchers with a mulching head that rotates about a horizontal axis can handle trees up to 30 inches in diameter.
What brand of skid steer is best?
When it comes to the top skid steer brands, the best skid steers on the market include:
- New Holland.
- John Deere.
What’s the best skid steer to buy?
Top Skid Steer Loader Models
- Bobcat S650. Bobcat Company is among the leaders in the compact equipment industry.
- John Deere 332G. The most popular model in the John Deere skid steer line-up is the 332G.
- Case Construction Equipment SV280.
- Caterpillar 262D.
- Kubota SSV75.
- ASV VS75.
- Mustang 2700V NXT2.
Is forestry mulching worth it?
“ Forestry mulching is a very cost effective way to clear overgrown brush and prevent invasive species in wooded areas,” Jenkins says, noting it’s a replacement for other land-clearing methods, such as bulldozing and burning. It also eliminates the expense of transporting and disposing of debris.
How much do you charge for forestry mulching?
Forestry mulching prices run about $400 to $600 per acre. Forestry mulching is using heavy equipment to cut trees and brush flush to the ground and mulching the material as it is taken down.
Can you put a forestry mulcher on a tractor?
Forestry Mulchers. Choose the forestry mulcher for tractor that best suits your needs. Ideal to shred trees, bushes and trimmings on the ground. PTO mulcher for tractor, with fixed tooth Bite Limiter rotor.
What is the best equipment for land clearing?
Land clearing can utilize mulchers, track or wheeled carriers, stump grinders, tree shears, grapples, deck mowers, Log Jaws, and chippers to reduce and remove trees, brush, stumps, and roots.
How long does it take to clear an acre of trees?
On average, it takes around 3 to 4 hours to clear an acre of land. If you were to hire professional labor, costs would be around $130 to $250 per hour per operator.
Will a forestry mulcher grind stumps?
They have a small cutting surface and will grind stumps till they are at or below ground level. Well, this is a stump grinder on steroids! The mulching head on a Forestry Mulcher can do a much larger area, and it does it fast.
How much does a disc mulcher cost?
Disc mulcher skid steer attachments are less expensive. Most high flow disc mulchers fall into a $22,000-$29,000 price range and have a 60” cut width, while most high flow drum mulchers fall into a $33,000-$43,000 price range and have a 50”-75” cut width.
What is the best leaf mulcher?
The Best Leaf Mulchers to Clean Up Your Lawn This Fall
- Cordless Handheld. Greenworks 40V Leaf Vacuum. amazon.com.
- Corded Handheld. Worx WG512 Trivac Mulcher. amazon.com.
- Premium Walk-Behind. Billy Goat TKV650SPH. amazon.com.
- Budget Stationary. Worx WG430 Leaf Mulcher. amazon.com.
- Ride-On Mulcher. DR Power Premier 200.
How heavy is a forestry mulcher?
|C120R Forestry Mulcher|
|FM120-6C Weight||3,075 lb, 1,395 kg|
|FM120-6C Overall Width||87″, 219 cm|
|FM120-6C Rotor Diameter||18″, 46 cm|
|FM120-6C Rotor Speed||2500 RPM|